If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (860) 649-0836

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Carbon Monoxide Dangers

11/17/2015 (Permalink)

Carbon Monoxide is often referred to as "the silent killer", as it is invisible, tasteless and odorless.  It is created certain types of fuels do not burn properly.  Fuels, which can produce this gas, are kerosene, gasoline, coal, natural gas, propane, methane and even wood.  Normally Carbon Monoxide is caused by faulty, improperly used or vented products like furnaces, ranges, water heaters, room heaters and portable generators.

There are precautions to help protect yourself, your family and your employees from deadly CO fumes:

  • Perform regular maintenance on equipment and appliances
  • If necessary to use gasoline powered engines or tools in an enclosed space, make sure that space is well ventilated
  • Install carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home, including outside of all bedrooms
  • Have fuel burning heating equipment and chimneys serviced annually by a professional
  • For additional carbon monoxide safety information, visit www.usfa.fema.gov or www.osha.gov

    Other News

    View Recent Posts