New Safety Steps at SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Manchester/Mansfield knows that it’s our workers—our crews in the field, warehouse workers and home office staff—who get the job done for our customers, day in and day out. That’s why their health and safety is a priority throughout our company.
In 2019, our franchise owner hired a new safety coordinator, Rhonda, who has more than twenty years of experience in construction and warehouse management. Rhonda says she “likes to learn new things and do different things”—well, these are just some of the new things she and SERVPRO have been working on lately!
- Training programs and videos are now provided in both English and Spanish.
- Once a month, the safety coordinator meets with crew chiefs to review progress on safety and to determine what new policies or training are needed.
Blood-Borne Pathogen Safety
- We’ve developed new training in the safe processing and disposal of blood-borne pathogens.
- Each crew is equipped with a blood-borne pathogen duffel bag containing hazmat suits, thick gloves, tweezers, needle containers and sealable bags for waste disposal.
- We have metal storage containers in our parking lot, in which bagged blood-borne waste is stored until it is picked up by a vendor for final disposal.
- We offer new training in the proper operation of forklifts.
- Trucks and forklifts are inspected every day.
- Each truck is consistently assigned to a specific crew to increase safe and responsible operation.
- We deliver new training in correct use of fire extinguishers, generators and third plug adapters.
- Each piece of equipment and all trucks are equipped with a third plug adapter, so that our grounded equipment can be used safely even in older homes that lack the third grounding prong.
- We inspect and date all fire extinguishers each month to ensure they are always ready to use.
Equipment and Product Safety
- We offer new training in fitting and wearing a respirator mask, including determining if the mask is the right size, fits correctly to the face, is tightly sealed and allows adequate breathing.
- Each crew and crew chief are equipped with duffel bags containing hard hats, goggles, safety vests, shoulder dolly straps for heavy loads and our chemical information binder.
- No truck leaves the SERVPRO lot until it is fully inspected and equipped with a first aid kit, an eyewash station and a fire extinguisher.
- All our SERVPRO cleaning products are documented in a binder that explains appropriate uses, how to use and what protective equipment is required. Not only are our workers up to date on our products, they are prepared to answer customer questions.
- We provide new training in how to properly lift heavy loads and use shoulder dolly straps.
SERVPRO of Manchester/Mansfield puts a premium on training our employees to handle any situation, and that includes training and procedures that keep all our workers safe, healthy and ready to respond to your disaster!
We’re Here for You
The team at SERVPRO of Manchester/Mansfield has the training and experience to quickly clean up and restore your home or business. Call SERVPRO of Manchester/Mansfield (860.649.0836) any time.
Other Helpful Blog Posts
SERVPRO publishes educational articles on how to protect your home and business from disasters and how to deal with mold, fire, water, sewage, storm and other damage.
SERVPRO of Manchester/Mansfield
53 Slater Street, Unit 2, Manchester, CT 06042
Certified SERVPRO technicians
24-hour emergency service
If you need fire, smoke, water, storm, biohazard or mold remediation at your home or commercial building, call SERVPRO of Manchester/Mansfield today at 860.649.0836