Water Damage in Bathroom
This Bathroom in Glastonbury CT had an overflowed toilet and experienced a water damage that ended up affecting several rooms in the building. There was a clog in the sewer line that resulted in an overflow. It went unnoticed for several hours causing damage to the floor, trim, hallway, storage closet downstairs, ceiling and a bedroom. SERVPRO performed the water extraction and placed the dehumidifiers and fans. Then our crew began the process of ripping out the bathroom floor because water had seeped under the laminate. Sewage backup should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. We are the water damage restoration specialists with specific training and expertise to safely restore your home or business.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.